If you are into riding bicycles like I am and want the best bike torque wrench to do the job. Or if you’re a “do-it-yourself-er” in bicycle repair, either a man or woman, you may find this list of the best torque wrenches for bikes interesting and beneficial. I will review some of the best bike torque wrenches you can use to maintain your bicycle. I will also include the pros and cons of the best bike torque wrenches.
14 Best Bike Torque Wrenches for 2020
1.Topeak Nano TorqBar DX
The first of these best torque wrenches is the NANO TOQBAR DX that includes a 4/5/3Nm that is the most compact and slimmest preset wrench to obtain. It is used in professional bike shops and it is precision-crafted, extremely good and can be used at home. The improved torque design always applies accurate torque values on component bolts for safety and stops damage to expensive carbon parts. In addition, it includes the 5 most well-liked tool bits 3/4/5 mm hex and T20/T25 Torque. Plus, your preferred bits can be carried with you in their case during your bike ride. The price is $79.95 on Amazon.
1. Weight: 62G. 4.7″X0.6″X0.6″
2. 3 TorqBits (4/5/6Nm)and 5 tool bits (3/4/5mm hex, T20, T25)
3. Slim, award-winning design
4. Integrated compartment for 2 bits
5. 4.7″X0.6″X0.6″. Integrated compartment for 2 bits
1. This person said this.”Click, did you hear that? That’s about how loud it is. I was shocked at how inaudible the click is, I thought maybe I had a defective torque bit until I tried the next one and it had the same faint click. If you are in a noisy area do not expect to hear this click when it reaches the limit”.
2. Here is another unhappy person! “I did’t receive what I bought. It came only with the 5nm piece, missing the 4 and 6 nm pieces. Bad deal.”
2. Park Tool ATD 1.2
Are looking for good quality? Try an adjustable torque driver that restricts the amount of toque applied to prevent over- tightening fasteners which end up damaging components. Its characteristics are: an all metal construction with a secure, ergonomic molded grip. The tool is manufactured and calibrated in a factory in Minnesota. You pay $67.95 on Amazon.
All metal internal construction for long life
2. 1/4 inch hex drive
3. Hand adjustable to 4, 4.5, 5, 5.5, or 6 Nm
4. Limits torque applied to fasteners while rotating clockwise
5. Includes 3, 4, 5mm and T25 bits stored in the handle
1. After about 6 uses it was not possible to adjust the torque. The rotator stuck.”
3. Ritchey Torque Key 6-Bits
The manufacturer of this product says it is the smartest convenient torque key and that it comes with enough bits to take care of every need. Also, they advise you to “make sure those stem bolts are tight enough, and double check the torque on the seat post bolt while you’re at it”. They state that the Ritchey Bicycle Key is a necessary tool for those important bolts. Obtainable with 4 or 5Nm options, this 6-bit set includes just about every bit you’ll need for your bike, and a suitable container to keep it all arranged. The price is $22.95 on Amazon .
1. This 6-bit set includes 3mm, 4mm, 5mm hex keys, T20 and T25 torque keys, and a Phillips #1 bit
2. The convenient bit holder keeps it all organized
3. The Ritchey Torque Key is an essential tool for proper installation and tightening of stem bolts, seat post bolts, and more
1. The torque setting may be inaccurate.
4. Park Tool TW 5.2
In today’s lightweight parts world, torque wrenches used in the bicycle shops are no longer a choice, but a must for every bicycle mechanic. Park Tool says the TW-5.2 is high standard, ratcheting, click type torque wrench precisely calculates and applies just the right amount of torque to a component’s threaded fastener. Along a range of 2-14Nm, the TW-5.2 is designed for the lower torque settings that a bike shop or bicycle owner would use for seat clamp and handlebar/stem applications, or proper seat post. This tool has its own protective case. The cost on Amazon is $108.95.
1. Calibrated to be accurate to +/- 4%
2. Conversion scale on tool body
3. Length: 22.6cm or 9 inches
4. 2–14 Newton meter range (18–124 Inch Pounds)
5. Adjustable in 0.4 Nm increments
6. Ratcheting 3/8″ drive
7. Reads and registers for both left hand and right hand threading
8. Dial-adjust system allows desired torque setting to be preset
1. “I used this product the day it came in to fasten handlebars on my bike. It’s a fairly light torque setting required, and the clicking head broke on the 3rd bolt out of 4, rendering the tool useless for torque setting. The quality of this product is poor at best. Look elsewhere, it’s a rebranded product. Returned for a refund and going with something else.”
2. Not as good as the far cheaper and more accurate Tekton 24320.
5. Topeak D-Torque
Want an exactness digital torque wrench with settable torque, and an alarm to let you know if you have over-tightened? This Torque’s digital readout gives a clear display while there are also different programmable audible warnings for your exact torque value and another for too much torque. The D-Torque spotlight on a standard hex drive reversible ratcheting head, tool bits and can measure torque in 4 units including N•m, in•lb, ft•lb, or kg•cm. Then never strip threads again. Torque range: 1 – 20 N•m. The price for this tool is 167.93 – $374.97 on Amazon.
1. Hardened steel
2. Over-tighten alarm
3. Digital read out is programmable
4. Precision digital torque wrench
5. Hard shell storage case
1. My fault but learn from my mistake; This wrench has a 1/4″ (6mm) drive which is not specified in the listing. It does not have a 3/8″ drive like the DX model that was mentioned in the description.
6. Feedback Sports Torque Ratchet Combo
Feedback Sports has a Torque Ratchet Combo which will help you install lightweight components with precision and confidence. The implement offers a flex bar torque wrench and the benefit of 2 ratchets. With its small size and the handy case which is included, this combo is great for travel or to keep in the garage atop your workbench.
Just put in the desired bit, put it into the fastener and apply pressure to the torque knob at the end of the wrench. It will give you a reading between 2 and 10Nm on the plainly marked dial to let you know when the proper torque is reached. It comes with 14 often used Hex, Torque, and Phillips bits, and includes 2 extended bits for harder to reach fasteners. Bits are made of durable S2 steel and every one is stamped with their dimensions and has its own spot in the protective case. Sealed up, the entire case fits in your hand and gives you nearly no excuses for not knowing the torque of every part you install. The price on Amazon is $71.99.
1. Manufacturer Warranty: limited lifetime
2. Material: [wrench body] aluminum, steel, nylon, [case] PU leather, EVA insert, multi-spandex backing, [bits] S2 steel
3. Other Tools: Torque ratcheting head, #2 Phillips, T10, T20, T25, T30 Torque, 2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 8mm Hex, Extended 5mm Hex, Extended T25 Torque
4. Recommended Use: wrenching on bikes
5. Claimed Weight: [without bits] 75g
1. One person had this to say: “Firstly, the product I received was in a box that was wrapped in clear packing tape and the tool itself was unattached and freely rattling around the box, which leads me to believe that I received a returned product that looked to be used due to scratches and oils on it (not new tool oils either). Upon further unpackaging, I received multiple bits of the same size and it was missing key sizing for the bits. Thoroughly saddened by the product I received.”
7. Effetto Mariposa Giustaforza 2
What does this torque wrench have to offer? It has a capacity from 2 up to 16 Nm. How easy is it to use? Well, you just set the desired torque rotating the wrench end knob, reading the torque value on the scale (scale resolution is 0.5 Nm, integers on one side, .5 on the other.) The main thing to watch for is that the thicker line on the dial should be centered on the desired value on the scale. Next, insert the appropriate bit which may depend on the bolt you need to tighten. Finally, using the tool, a loud ‘CLICK’ and a 3° free-movement tells you when the torque has been reached. Make sure that when you are finished using it, you always take the wrench to minimum torque value.
It has a ratcheting head which makes it much higher productivity in professional use. Another feature the Giustaforza 2-16 Pro has is a tiny ratcheting head with 1/4″ square. To be able to use the standard bits it comes with an adapter a 1/4″ square/hex.
The torque wrench is made of lightweight aluminum that weighs below 200 g, less than half the weight of other torque wrenches in this range of torque. This is overriding to get the correct feedback at low torque values, without missing the effort to hold the tool with the applied torque.
This is a tool built to last. It is state-of-the-art, linear in design and accurate in detail. The Giustaforza 2-16 Pro has a hard-anodized aluminum body with laser-etched inscriptions, and it’s made to last. Its mechanical click type function makes the torque wrench very shock-resistant and having no batteries or electronics makes it more reliable. These torques are checked and numbered as a single masterpiece.
Calibration service: The calibration is +-4% is guaranteed for 5000 or 5000 clicks, then should be re-calibrated. The calibration is a service that is done in the laboratory in Lugano (Switzerland) at the cost of 50 CHF. Each and every calibration, the tolerance of +-4% over nominal value will extend for 5000 cycles. When calibration is done, the wrench is returned to the owner with a calibration certificate. You will pay $169.99 on Amazon for this wrench.
1.BITS: The kit includes a 100 mm-long extension, three 100 mm-long bits (hex 4, hex 5 e T25) plus several other Torque and hex bits in standard length (25 mm).
2.LIGHTWEIGHT: The light aluminum body keeps the weight down to a record-breaking sub-200g value, less than half the weight of other torque wrenches in this range of torque.
3.CAPACITY: This is the best torque range for precision bicycle applications and sensitive components.
4.EASY TO USE: Set the desired torque rotating the wrench end knob, reading the torque value on the scale (scale resolution is 0,5 Nm, integers on one side, 0,5 on the other); insert the appropriate bit (depending on the bolt you need to tighten); using the tool, a loud CLICK and a 3 degree free-movement tells when the torque has been reached; always take the wrench to minimum torque value after use.
5.Giustaforza is quality-crafted in Italy.
1. None was found.
8. Craftsman Beam Torque Wrench
How would you like a classic torque wrench from Craftsman? Try the drive beam style torque wrench with a 3/8-in drive. It easily and accurately tightens and loosens nuts and bolts on your car, truck, garden tractor, four-wheeler, bicycle and more. What can the beam style torque wrench do? It can accurately measure torque in a variety of applications. When pressure is applied, the attached calibrated scale moves. Nearby the indicator, you’ll be able to decide when actual torque is achieved. The Craftsman beam style torque wrench calls to attention a graduated indicator tip to eliminate parallax error, often an issue with the beam style.
The 3/8-in drive beam style torque wrench by Craftsman has a torque range of zero to 75 pounds and contains separate inch and metric scales. The size of wrench measures over 16 inches for better leverage and ease of use. Its black textured handle makes gripping easy, so you can get correct readings, and get the job done right.
1. Ideal for tightening nuts and bolts
2. Includes a graduated indicator tip for more accurate results
3. Craftsman 3/8 -in drive beam style torque wrench with separate metric and inch measurements
4. 0 to 75 lb. range in 1 ft. lb. increments
5. 3/8-inch drive beam style torque wrench measuring 16.08 inches in length
6. Tool weighs 1.4 pounds
7. Textured black handle provides easy gripping capability
1. This customer had this to say about the tool. “I’ve used Craftsman tools for years, and they’ve always been good. Occasionally I have returned one that broke, but it has always been after long use. I bought this little torque wrench to keep in my toolbox for lightweight jobs when the 1/2” drive torque wrench (also a Craftsman beam-type) isn’t sensitive enough. This thing broke the very first time I used it. As I tightened a bolt, it “creaked” and the vibration threw the dial clean off the wrench. Apparently the spot welds gave way. Amazon says the return window is closed, so we’ll see if the famous Craftsman warranty is a thing of the past.”
2. Here is one more. “The first thing I noticed with this is it rattles like a bucket of bolts. I happen to own a beam type torque wrench that is also a craftsman and it’s over 45 years old and is made way better than this loosy goosy thing. It seems to be okay – time will tell.”
9. Performance Tool M195
This tool is carefully and skillfully created to give the best durability that people are looking for. The Performance Tool will not compromise when it comes to quality, so you can feel completely secure that this tool is the best. It is made of the best materials to warrant outstanding soundness. With this tool and its fruitful and worry-free service, for a lot of years ahead, it is said to be the best choice for your satisfaction. Also, use it while tightening seat post clamps on carbon fiber bicycles or torquing plastic intake manifolds. Get it on Amazon for $31.19.
1. Designed specifically to help you
2. Providing a superior level of service and quality
3. Ball type handles that localize force, better ensuring accuracy
4. Deflection beam wrenches do not wear or fatigue over the lifetime of the tool, insuring better accuracy
5. Directly measure a variety of torque values when tightening fasteners
6. Only the best build quality
1.” Worked well when I first got it out of the box. Now its pretty much broken with the face plate trying to come off and the spring not working correctly for the dial gauge after a while in storage. Stay away from this junk.”
2. “The indicating plastic does not turn consistently with the wrench. I tried turning the wrench slowly and quickly but it made no difference; it didn’t work. I tried a beefier o-ring with no improvement.”
10. Pro Bike Tool 1/4 Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench Set
The pro bike torque wrench set: it is simple to use, attests of precision and perfect for multiple applications. What does it have to offer? It’s the perfect torque wrench for rode bikes and mountain bikes. So, if you own a mountain bike and are looking for a torque wrench, you should give this one a try.
It is safe and simple to use, which is very important for a bike wrench. This one is especially good for those who do not have a lot of experience working on bikes. As it happens, even if you have no prior experience with a torque wrench, you shouldn’t have any problems with fixing your bicycle with this set. To keep it safe so you will not get hurt, there is a spring-loaded adjustment collar. This lock is used to keep the desired torque setting, hence, ending the possibility of you having the wrong torque measurements.
Another benefit is that the wrench does let out a click that can both be heard and felt when you reach the set torque value. In this fashion, you will not put too much stress on the torque wrench which could harm its mechanics. Moreover, it gets rid of the possibility of over-tightening the bolt/nut.
That being said, the Pro Bike Tool 1/4 in Torque Wrench Set possess a high contrast Nm scale that is simple to read. The torque wrench permits a torque between 2.0 and 20 Nm, therefore, it is fit for use in seat clamps, headsets, chain sets, rotors, and stems .
This wrench comes with a protective molded case that allows storage, which is essential for any torque wrench and which will come in handy to keep the bits safe and also ensure that the calibration of the wrench is on point.
In addition, you also get a reversible 32-head rachet, that measures the torque in the counter-clockwise and clockwise direction. Also, there is a release and engage bit button for effortless usage.
For the best accuracy, all the tools are completely calibrated for the precisely of +/- 4% for the clockwise torque settings and +/- 6% for the counter-clockwise torque settings.
1. Protective molded case for both the wrench and tool bits.
2. Measures torque in both the clockwise and counter-clockwise direction.
3. Contains a click that can be felt and heard when the preset torque is reached.
4. Safe and easy to use and read
1. Not good for measuring high torque settings.
11. Venzo Bicycle Bike 1/4 Inch Driver – Torque Wrench
Here is a bicycle torque wrench that definitely lives up to its name from Venzo. Really – because of its great accuracy and build-quality. It has been appraised for the highest choice out there when it comes to repairing your bicycle.
The Venzo Wrench comes in a protective durably constructed plastic case, which is of great value when it comes to buying the best cycling torque wrench. You will likely be very satisfied with the protective case that you will be getting with the bike wrench.
It comes with standard bits and an extender allen key. For the Allen keys, you get sizes of 3,4,5,8 and 10mm keys. Also, there are T20,T25 and the T30 torques. Finally, there is an extender Allen key that is 5mm long which makes it simple for those tough places to get into.
When it comes to accuracy, this is a big concern, given working with bike torque wrenches, considering the delicate construction of most bikes nowadays. However, due to its great preciseness, it’s regarded as a great torque wrench for road bikes. With its great accuracy, which is +/-4% for a 2-24 Nm tolerance, it is ideal for handling bicycle carbon parts of a ¼” torque fix set.
Another convenient and reliable usage is that there is a click that can be both heard and felt so you stop turning the torque in time to keep from damaging your bike parts or weakening the mechanism of the wrench.
1. You know to Stop turning when you feel a ‘click’. ‘Click’ means the torque has reached a preset value.
2. Has got an extender Allen key for easy access of hard to reach places.
3. Includes a plastic case for protection and secure storage.
4. Features a +/- 4% accuracy level for reliable usage.
1. Not ideal for high torque measurements such as on bike pedals or ball bearings.
12. EPAuto 1/4-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench
Look at this torque wrench – it’s easy to use for a first-timer and at the same time it gives bikers of all experience levels a guaranteed level of accuracy in everything they do. To understand this torque wrench better, lets see what features it has to offer.
It HAS A SCALE WITH HIGH CONTRAST: It is really important that you get to see, with the greatest accuracy everything you do while using your torque wrench, correct?
On to making this feasible, the scale is of high contrast, which builds its visibility even in dim light. Also, there is a twofold scale which permits you to take the readings in-lb. and Nm so you get to use whichever you are most comfortable with for complete accuracy.
Here is some more on the dual scale:
Now for the in-lb.calculation, the torque wrench permits for measuring between 20 and 200 and for the Nm scale, you can measure between 2.26-22.6
Simple and dependable: What can it do? The torque wrench has an acquired click alert, which means that when your needed torque is reached you will know you can stop applying pressure because you will hear the click. Plus, it comes with an antislip knurled handle so you have a firm grip even when you’re working with oily or greasy hands.
This wrench also comes with a storage case. I think this is an item worth telling you about. The storage case is made of a tough plastic which will be ideal because by storing it away in the case, the wrench will remain precisioned since the calibrations stay intact.
Long lasting quality: The wrench rachet head is hardened-treated with Chrome Vanadium steel alloy. Along with that, there is a corrosion-retardant satin finish which will increase its longevity. You can get it for $24.87 on Amazon.
1. Simple and Reliable: “Click” sound tells the preset torque value is reached. Stop applying force when you hear and feel it.
2. Durable Ratchet Head: Made from Hardened treated Chrome Vanadium steel alloy (Cr-V) Corrosion-Retardant: Satin Finish.
3. Easy to Read: High Contrast & Dual Range Scale. Accurate: Pre-Calibrated to ± 4%
4. Easy Storage: A sturdy plastic storage case is included. Non-Slip Grip: Knurled handle
1.” This wrench worked ok until it broke after 20 maybe 30 turns. I always stored it at ‘0’ as instructed and kept it in its protective box at all times. Never dropped, banged, exposed to high heat never abused in any way. I was putting in new spark plugs yesterday and set it to the appropriate torque setting and it never ‘clicked’ I ended up over tightening the plugs but realized the malfunction before any damage was done to the engine. As I examined the wrench the direction switch popped off and fell to the ground – the innards are totally broken and the ratchet just spins now.
I don’t take giving one star ratings lightly – this is serious garbage. Save your money and don’t risk damaging those important parts you are repairing!”
2. “I bought this and the ft/lb model at the same time over a month ago. Used it today for the first time mounting my new propeller on my airplane. After being concerned about how tight the bolts were getting, we changed to a calibrated wrench from my A&P and found the bolts way too tight. Needless to say, I can’t trust either of these wrenches. It’s past the return date. But be warned, if accuracy is important, buy something else.”
13. 1/4 Inch Driver Auto Bicycle Bike Digital Torque Wrench Repair Tool
This is what you will get.
SAVE POWER MODE: As you know, it is a digital torque wrench, so you want to conserve power as much as possible. Well in order to do this, the torque wrench will go into power saving mode when not in use if left unused for about 2 minutes. When it comes to batteries, you can use rechargeable or just plain batteries.
VIBRATION WARNING:This torque wrench will warn you when you have reached the right amount of torque. It will warn you when you’ve reached 90% of the torque with a vibration from the wrench. Plus, there is a buzzer indicator and a LED flashes if you’re working in low light conditions.
Another feature is that it has 4 different torque units to measure in. They are Nm,Kg-cm, and lb-in so you can use what you like best.
A DISPLAY THAT IS EASY TO READ: The wrench comes with a digital LED display that is equal to a micrometer scale ample, simpler to use and quicker to set too.
STORAGE OF MEMORY: Just yet another feature you will love with this torque wrench is that it has the capability of keeping memory values. By the way, you can have up to 30 of these recorded for future reference if you need them. Therefore, if you are looking for a digital torque wrench for your bicycle, this could be the one for you. The price for this one on Amazon is $149.90.
1. Comprise an auto power-off that saves on battery use.
2. Has an LCD back-light for fast and trouble-free usage.
3. Has a memory storage quality for record keeping.
4. T25 Torque; T30 Torque; PH2 Screw Drive with high quality. Great for bicycle parts or bolts.
5. Comes with Guage perfected for bicycle carbon parts.1/4” Torque Fix Set. Torque range: 1.25-25Nm.0.92 ft-lbs to 18.4 ft-lbs. Tolerance: Precision +/- 4% (Counter Clockwise) +/- 3% (Clockwise). Allen Keys: 3 /4 / 5 / 6 / 8 / 10 mm ; 5mm-Long.
1. This person had this to say. ” After 2 months of use (very little use too), it quit on me. It will no longer measure any amount of torque I put on it. It doesn’t read a thing. I’ve reset it many times via button push codes and battery replacement but nothing brings it back. I can’t find anyway to get it fixed and customer support is non-existent on it. Now I’m left with a $200 paper weight.
Don’t trust the digital wrenches. Stick with the mechanical ones.”
2. It constraint work with higher torque range measurements
14. OCGIG 1/4″ Bike Torque Wrench
Are you someone that likes versatility and flexibility? As our politicians might say, “I approve of this wrench.” I think it is definitely worth checking out. The torque and bits are meant to last a long time. It too comes with a storage bag and is very accurate, which makes it the best torque wrench around for bicycle maintenance. So let’s see what it has to offer.
ACCURACY LEVEL IS HIGH: Such a torque wrench is indicate for very close adjustments since it is best able to measure between 2 abd 14 Nm. For preciseness on all unlike screws, the tighten is rated at +/- 4%
ITS USE IS A TWO WAY DESIGN: This torque wrench can be used in 2-ways, the ratchet head can be used with a positive and negative function.
HIGH ACCURANCY SCALE : Having the best laser scale with a micrometer, it will not be hard to achieve the measurements to get the wanted torque levels. With that being said, when the torque level is where you want it, go ahead to confirm that torque value. It prohibits the scale from releasing so you can have the greatest trust in it.
HAS A RUBBER HANDLE FOR COMFORT: It is never good if the wrench handle is giving you trouble while using it and ends up making the job harder to do. You want to be able to use the wrench for as long as you want, because there are likely many bike parts you may need to use the wrench for. Well, this wrench includes a bi-material rubber handle that will give you a good grip.
The wrench is made from CR-v steel material for the best durability.
NICE AND FRIENDLY: Not only is this torque wrench one that will give you a sound click when it is done its work, giving the correct torque level, it also performs its duties in a way that the more superior the torque, the higher the click and vice versa.
What else does it come with, you ask? Well, once again, this wrench includes a storage box that can keep both 9 wrench socket bits and the torque wrench. The price on Amazon is $54.89.
1. When using the torque wrench to maintain the level between the screw, when the torque wrench to the default value, Will be issued click sound, the greater the torque, the greater the sound, the reaction, the smaller
2. Bi-material rubber handles of the ratchet for better and more comfortable grip
3. Torque wrench specifications 2-14 cattle (N.M) square head specifications: 1/4 inch (6.35mm) Supporting the first batch of specifications:Hexagon screw with 2.5mm 3mm 4mm 5mm 6mm 8mm 10mm Star Torque T25 T30
4. Two way use: ratchet head with positive and negative two-way design, easy operation, the import of special steel production, Wear-resistant, long-term use does not affect the accuracy.
5. High precision: clear torque scale, laser scale easy to adjust, high precision, meet the standard. Adjust the torque, you can lock the torque value, to prevent loosening, to ensure accuracy
1. May feel bulky to use in a tight spot.
So, once again, if you prefer to “do it yourself” like I do, I hope you found this article interesting and informative on what torque wrench can best help you when you work on your bicycle. Hopefully, when you go online to purchase a torque wrench, you will remember this article and review all your options before you make your purchase. I hope it will help you purchase a wrench that you will not want to return! Well, I think I will go out and take a bike ride myself. And the next time you go out and ride YOUR bicycle, don’t forget to carry your torque wrenches and please feel free to alert fellow-riders to my article too.
I’m an avid bike rider and I love all things healthy. When I’m not riding my bike you’ll see me driving the big yellow bus to school.